Dr Modz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dr Modz

If it aint broke, Mod it.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin.
Admin.

Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot) Empty
PostSubject: Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot)   Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:11 am

Introduction

Pivot is a program that animates Stick figures. The creator of this program is Peter Bone. There are also many different versions of Pivot. But the most common ones are Pivot 2.2.5 and Pivot 3.0 Beta. Pivot 2.2.5 is a less glitchy version and very dependable. Pivot 3.0 Beta is a more glitchy version but more animators use this one because it can import sprites. But I would recommend Pivot 2.2.5. Pivot is also very easy to use but it can be troubling for those who can't animate.

To get started you must download Pivot
Click here to download Pivot 2.2.5
Click here to download Pivot 3.0 Beta

*NOTE: If you're installing Pivot 3.0 Beta DO NOT click run..click save because if you don't you will have to download t again and again to use it.*

When you have it installed keep reading (:

Knowing Pivot Stick Animator

This is Pivot ^

It looks very simple...because it is very simple (:

Okay now to explain the symbols of Pivot.

Delete: Click ''Delete'' to delete a stick figure you've selected. You may only delete one figure at a time.

Center: Click ''Center'' to place a selected stick figure to the center of the animation.

Colour: Click ''Colour'' to change the color of a stick figure.

Front: Click ''Front'' to send a stick figure to the front of animation. That figure will appear in front of everything else.

Edit: Click ''Edit'' to edit a selected stick figure in the Stick Figure Editing Window. I will explain this more
in the next section.

Flip: Click ''Flip'' to flip around your figure. It will mirror the position the stick figure was in.

Scale: Click the arrows on the ''Scale'' to change the size of the selected stick figure.

Back: Click ''Back'' to send a stick figure to the back of the animation. That figure will appear behind of everything else.

Next Frame: Click ''Next Frame'' to go to the next frame of the animation. Click on the joints and darg them around and you'll see a gray outline of the previous frame. This is called the Onion skin. This is vital for animating.
-----
Now that you know all of the buttons on the default screen, I will now show you the buttons on the Stick Figure Editing Screen.

This is the stick editing screen.
-----
Add line: Click ''Add line'' to add a line segment to another line. You can't make a line without connecting to another line.

Add circle: Click ''Add circle'' to add a circle. Like the line tool it has to be connected to another line.

Toggle line Segment: Click ''Toggle line segment'' to change the selected line or circle to a line or circle.

Thickness: Click on the arrows to change the thickness of a selected segment

Duplicate Segment: Click ''Duplicate segment'' to copy the selected segment to another segment.

Static/Dynamic: Click ''Static/Dynamic'' to make a joint movable(dynamic) or not(static).

Delete Segment: Click ''Delete Segment'' to delete a selected joint/segment.
-----
Now you know all the symbols of the Stick figure Builder and Pivot Stick Animator. You are now ready to animate.
Back to top Go down
https://drmodz.forumotion.com
Shift.
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

PostSubject: Re: Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot)   Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:34 am

I'll get a easing tutorial and a photoshop tutorial.
Nice tutorial.
Back to top Go down
http://Animationfixed.forumotion.com
Admin.
Admin.

PostSubject: Re: Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot)   Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:41 am

Alright, good!
Back to top Go down
Shift.
Tinkerer
Tinkerer

PostSubject: Re: Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot)   Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:38 am

I'll do it latter.
Back to top Go down
http://Animationfixed.forumotion.com
Admin.
Admin.

PostSubject: Re: Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot)   Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:58 pm

Ok, Thankyou Shift. you have been a great help so far.
Back to top Go down
sickanimationz
Failed inventor.
Failed inventor.
sickanimationz

PostSubject: Re: Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot)   Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:53 pm

this tutoriol was for COMPLETE beginners lets try makeing advanced tutoriols. also i see you cant add your own gifs or movies can someone please fix that. thanks.
Back to top Go down
Admin.
Admin.

PostSubject: Re: Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot)   Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot) EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:25 am

The site has it's own uploading feature, there is a card with a tree on it at the top, you go onto image shak or yourimg, and upload it, then right click copy, and paste it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot)   Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot) Empty

Back to top Go down

Pivot tutorial for begginers (all credits to CerialPivot)
Page 1 of 1